2020 By The Numbers
A year-end recap
Dec 28, 2020
As we near the end of this most unusual year, we’re thankful for each and every member of The A-Team. This year, we learned more about one another as we navigated through the challenges of our ever-changing world. One thing we already knew is that our employees are simply the best. But in 2020, we saw their resilience, adaptability, compassion, and optimism on display in full force.
Now as we look forward to a new year, let’s take a look back at Asymmetrik’s 2020.
2020 by the numbers
- 13 new employees hired: We welcomed new team members in every department from operations to analytics, bringing Asymmetrik to a grand total of 106 employees!
- 1776 pounds of food and $6000 donated: Our generous employees really stepped up for Asymmetrik’s donation drive benefiting the Maryland Food Bank and local organizations addressing food scarcity in our communities.
- 4 non-profits supported: Aside from food banks, Asymmetrik donated to other organizations doing good work, whether it be helping veterans and their families heal from PTSD, supporting women in underserved communities as they rebuild their lives, feeding healthcare workers on the frontlines of the pandemic, or ensuring a brighter holiday season for children in need.
- 9 tech talks given: Members of The A-Team held webinars on Web Development 101, as well as in-depth web app tutorials. Feel free to subscribe to our Youtube channel for other talks and fun videos!
- 20+ virtual social events hosted: From yoga, to poker tournaments, to book club discussions, we transitioned all of our activities to a virtual format. And, it mostly worked (like many people, we did experience our fair share of Zoom fatigue after awhile).
- 4 company-wide games played and 1 video created: With Slack-based scavenger hunts and pumpkin decorating challenges, Culture Manager Angela Tweedell worked hard to keep things fresh, even rallying the troops to create this awesome T-shirt video!
- 44 Secret Santas uncovered: Over a third of the company opted in to our Secret Santa gift exchange. We have to say, seeing the gifts posted each day in our #secretsanta Slack channel was surprisingly delightful.
- 9,862 loaves of sourdough baked: Let’s just say there were a lot of carbs consumed.
- 1 Top Workplaces award earned: Thanks to our employees, who voted us onto the list, we made The Baltimore Sun’s Top Workplaces for the 5th year in a row!
In 2020, we were especially grateful to work with all the unique and wonderful people who make up The A-Team. And now as we look ahead, may all of our days get brighter (both literally and figuratively) from here on out!